A Computer is a multifaceted machine that can perform thousands of tasks in seconds. But to perform such tasks, it requires instructions. To give Instructions to the computer, We make programs. Thus, a program consists of a set of complete instructions written in a sequence that instructs the computer to perform different operations.
No matter which programming language we use to make a Program, we must keep a few things into consideration. The considerations are to puzzle out the problem in a satisfactory manner, examine it, and solve it in a logical manner, i.e. Programming. Therefore, writing code/instructions correctly with a proper sequence is mandatory.
WHY WE NEED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE?
We need a programming language to instruct the computer to perform a task. A Computer does not understand Human Language, it understands Binary code i.e. 0s and 1s. So, when we make a program, it gets converted into computer-readable formats using compilers and interpreters and assemblers.
- Compiler: Convert the entire code into middle-level machine-readable code in one go.
- Interpreter: Do the same but instead of converting it in one go, it goes line-by-line.
- Assembler: Assembler converts middle-level machine-readable code into low-level language.
PYTHON PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
Python seems an open-source, object-oriented, high-level programming language. It has been developed in 1991 by Guido Van Rossum at the National Research Institute for Mathematics, Netherlands. Presently, the Python Software Foundation (PSF) has owned it.
FEATURES OF PYTHON
Python, A case-sensitive, interpreted, Object-Oriented, and highly efficient language with simple syntax and has become increasingly popular. It supports GUI (Graphical User Interface) and Garbage collection (better memory management). Also used for both scientific and non-scientific programming.
APPLICATIONS USING PYTHON
Many of the applications and websites have been made using Python. We have listed few of them below:
- Instagram is one of the most popular applications in the world. Instagram consists of the Django web framework which is entirely written in python.
- Uber, The popular application for ridesharing also was primarily written in python.
- Spotify, an audio streaming application also uses python for back-end services and data analysis functioning.
- Pinterest, a virtual pinboard application which allows users to collect and share photos of events, person or anything also uses python
WHY ONE SHOULD LEARN PYTHON?
Python Programming Language has gained great popularity among developers and programmers. It can be easily compatible with other languages like Java, C, C++, etc. Python programming saves a lot of time and space. They are 3-5 times shorter than other programming languages because of its built-in high-level data types and its dynamic typing. Python Program uses clear, simple, concise, and English-like instructions that enhance readability.
JOBS IN PYTHON
- Data Scientist: Need to collect and visualize the data to predict behavior. They also find solutions to business problems using machine learning techniques with the help of python.
- Python Software Engineer: Need to write, test, and develop Python programs. Software engineers automate the tasks and work on data algorithms to get the desired results.
- Educator: With the growing demand for python, the demand for python educators in schools and colleges also increased. Hence, Python educators also get good pay.
- Data Journalist: A special type of journalist who uses data in order to tell the stories.
- Data Analyst: A person sorting a huge chunk of information into a set of useful information. So that businesses can use it in a productive manner with the help of data scientists.
SALARIES IN INDIA
The minimum salary a fresher can expect in India starts from Rs. 2,75,000 per year.
MAJOR APPLICATIONS AREAS OF PYTHON
- Machine learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Software & Application Development
- Data science and business analytics
To know more about Python, Stay tuned. Till then, Click here to understand the working of search engine.